Welcome

I love making things. Fabric, yarn, fibre, paper, paint and print are my tools of choice. The necessities of life generally manage to get in the way of my need to create , so it all tends to get a bit erratic. Exactly as the blog title suggests.

Here is my attempt to organise things and keep a record of my efforts.

My little Folksy shop is taking a holiday for a while but I hope to re-open soon and sell things that I have made for the sheer pleasure, but are surplus to my needs.





23 September 2010

A little bit of left over yarn....

... wanted to be something else.

This is exactly the same yarn as the Juliana wrap - it never fails to amuse me how space dyed yarn changes according to how it is used.

This little swatch had aspired to be like it's predecessor , but I am afraid that it just will not happen!





This little wallet was made with my kettle dyed yarn. I call it my Credit Crunch Wallet. It is just big enough to fit a credit card and maybe some id,  but it is completely impractical as it is not sturdy enough to be squashed in the bottom of a handbag with all the other detritus, so actually it is meant to deter the card being taken out of the house!

In the meantime, I got sidetracked making little hats for the Innocent Smoothie Big Knit for Help the Aged

I started off quite sensibly with the patterns for last year.

 

Then it got a bit fanciful.

 






Which all adds up to mean that I am rather woefully bringing up the rear in  Lankakomero's 22 Leaves knit along shawlette. I am very grateful for having to learn skills which are  new to me for this. The first being, long-tail cast on! Wow! I can do it like a pro now. ( I have had a few false starts!) I am also greatly indebted to Lankakomero for the phrase in the instructions "remember that only the right side of the pattern is shown on the chart" - ah! right! now that makes ALL the difference! No wonder I could not follow a chart before now! THANK YOU!






1 comment:

  1. Those little hats are so cute! I'm glad you likeed my instructions.

    ReplyDelete