Welcome

I love making things. Fabric, yarn, fibre, paper, paint and print are my tools of choice. The necessities of life generally manage to get in the way of my need to create , so it all tends to get a bit erratic. Exactly as the blog title suggests.

Here is my attempt to organise things and keep a record of my efforts.

My little Folksy shop is taking a holiday for a while but I hope to re-open soon and sell things that I have made for the sheer pleasure, but are surplus to my needs.





28 August 2010

Commuting is often tedious.

I am more often than not ungracious enough to complain about the hour or so that it takes to get to work and the similar amount of time it takes to get back. I often see the same old folks rushing along North Westwards with me and the same old folks rushing South Eastwards and we do a repeat performance in the opposite direction later in the day.  It is on the verge of being farcical. Wouldn't it be better if we could all just work nearer home?

There are upsides though. In the forty minutes or so that I spend with my car share buddy we get the office politics out of the way and sometimes we put the world to rights.  We would be a dangerous pair with power in our hands.

When I don't drive I can get on with whatever knitting or crochet project I have on the go, so the Julianna's Wrap is coming on in leaps and bounds.



On Friday when I drive alone I radio station hop and secretly enjoy the days when the traffic is really bad and I am late as I get  to listen to a snippet of Desert Island Discs on Radio 4. Now that is what radio was built for!

Sometime Son Number 2 drives himself to to the train station to continue his commute and I get to walk through the park to pick the car up.  Now, that is a pleasure in itself.  I exchange cheerful  "Good Morning"s from the early dog walkers and sometimes I bump into this rather stately character.




He must have been very hungry to let me get so close.  I think the fish were lucky on this particular morning as we had had heavy rain and the water was very murky so they were able to hide for a while.  I once saw him asleep and thought that I had discovered a new specious of long legged duck!  I did not realise that they curl their neck up to sleep!

Sometimes, I leave the car at the station and walk home again in the afternoon when I see a whole different set of people.  We have the best fed ducks for miles around, as Mums and Grandparents bring their children to feed the ducks rain or shine and there is a pair of swans.  This one is demonstrating the benefits of a long bendy neck when you have an itch in an awkward place!


What I really wanted was a lovely pose with an "S" shaped neck and I almost got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment