Welcome

I love making things. Fabric, yarn, fibre, paper, paint and print are my tools of choice. The necessities of life generally manage to get in the way of my need to create , so it all tends to get a bit erratic. Exactly as the blog title suggests.

Here is my attempt to organise things and keep a record of my efforts.

My little Folksy shop is taking a holiday for a while but I hope to re-open soon and sell things that I have made for the sheer pleasure, but are surplus to my needs.





2 October 2011

On Reflection...



Life must be good. 
Blue skies and temperatures of 29.9 degrees in October.
Not complaining.



Especially when this majestic creature is a regular companion on a walk home.




  ...and you expend a huge amount of energy and risk injury digging huge stones out of the allotment just in case you find an ammonite as good as this one.




... and you have rediscovered the art of bartering.
 I am not sure what I swapped for some balls of Phildar yarn - leeks? potatoes? swiss chard? - whatever it was, it was fun.  The credit crunch is now getting a little boring (please note the understatement) but, the ancient art of skills/ time/ homemade or grown items swapping is alive and kicking and  well worth trying.

I do not think that this yarn is produced anymore. It knits up best in a knit 2, purl 2 rib and if  you start the yarn off at just the right point, magically develops a regular design, the pattern breaks down a bit, but still results in a nice fabric.


 I think it is turning into a man scarf.




1 comment: