Welcome

I love making things. Fabric, yarn, fibre, paper, paint and print are my tools of choice. The necessities of life generally manage to get in the way of my need to create , so it all tends to get a bit erratic. Exactly as the blog title suggests.

Here is my attempt to organise things and keep a record of my efforts.

My little Folksy shop is taking a holiday for a while but I hope to re-open soon and sell things that I have made for the sheer pleasure, but are surplus to my needs.





15 January 2012

On the subject of balancing.....

...life with yarn addictions.

I am acutely aware of my need to create objects with yarn and fabric. Sometimes they are of use and sometimes of little use or practicality. But the more that I need to do this, the more I understand that in order to be able to sit for hours spinning/knitting/thinking, the more I need to get out in the fresh air to keep up some sort of fitness.

The great out doors is not without it's challenges....





and rewards...



If I was savvy enough to tweak this photo then both of the Severn Bridges would be a little clearer in the distance.
Trust me they were both just visible.

I have resolved to keep active in order to justify the time spent sitting creating and this week I have walked a total of at least 15 miles, swam 40 lengths of the local pool and cycled 8 miles. 

Have I done any spinning? Well apart from an evening at the spin-in at The Spinning Weal - no.

I suspect I need to do a time management course - when I have a moment!

I have made what will become a pencil case holder with some samples of Shetland and Kent Fleeces.





A scarf which started off with a fairly soft Kent yarn and ended with a rather sturdy Jacob, with random bit of test spinning in between,




and a quilted tea cosy. This was extreme up-cycling. the blue and white fabric was a jumble sale find, the red fabric had been in my stash for 35 years, the red embroidery thread was left over from some long forgotten project and the stuffing was the insides of an old polyester pillow - well washed I hasten to add.




I could still do with getting the balance right though.

So on that note will go off and find some hill to climb- not that hard round here.

No comments:

Post a Comment