Welcome

I love making things. Fabric, yarn, fibre, paper, paint and print are my tools of choice. The necessities of life generally manage to get in the way of my need to create , so it all tends to get a bit erratic. Exactly as the blog title suggests.

Here is my attempt to organise things and keep a record of my efforts.

My little Folksy shop is taking a holiday for a while but I hope to re-open soon and sell things that I have made for the sheer pleasure, but are surplus to my needs.





20 February 2010

I do love my camera

I am only beginning to learn how to use my camera and can only apologise to Canon, I am sure that in the right hands it takes wonderful photos.

Still I am happy.

I bought it to capture images that will help me in my other artistic endeavours.

The colours in the winter morning almost make me reach for pen and paper to write verse, but they can speak for themselves.




A digital camera can turn the most mundane task into an opportunity - take sitting in the kitchen next to a glass vase with pebbles in it




A walk in the park can turn into a technical exercise on how to capture moving water - something I have a lot to learn about.













And taking the compost outside is just another opportunity to rush back in for the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment